Becoming a Volunteer
Being a Volunteer Firefighter is an extremely rewarding experience. Firefighters make a difference in the community by coming to the aid of people in times of greatest need. Life and death is often in the balance. El Dorado Hills Volunteer Firefighters have and will continue to positively impact the well-being of all people in this community.
The number of positions available differs depending on many different factors. Each qualified applicant must successfully pass an interview, a physical agility test, a polygraph exam, and a medical exam. The new hires that possess a CPR certification, an EMT-Basic certificate and a certificate of completion from a certified Fire Academy. Those that do not possess a certificate of completion from a certified Fire Academy may be put through a county academy and brought on as an active Volunteer Firefighter at completion. Subscribe to Employment Updates for current hiring information. Visit Volunteer Firefighter FAQs for more information.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license
- Have a valid CPR certificate
- Possess an EMT-Basic certificate
- Submit an employment application and attach copies of all necessary certificates/licenses
- Live within 20 minutes drive time to Station 85 via Google Maps
- Successful completion of a Physical Agility Test, Background Investigation, Polygraph Exam, Medical Exam
- Possess a certificate of completion from a certified California Fire Academy
- Possess an EMT-Paramedic certificate
- Possess any other certifications that further prepare in successfully assisting members of the community in the EMS field.