Dear El Dorado Hills Community:
My name is Marshall Cox and I have the distinct honor of being your Fire Marshal. My career in the fire service includes a Regional Accredited Fire Academy in Sacramento, Cal-Fire Urban and Rural Firefighter training in Ione, 3.5 years as a Volunteer Firefighter at El Dorado Hills Fire, Fire Prevention Inspector, and now formally and informally known as Fire Marshal Marshall.
Before coming to the El Dorado Hills Fire Department, I lived in San Diego and studied Business Marketing at SDSU. I purchased and ran my own business in the niche market of Donor Campaigns, focusing on local schools, hospitals, ballparks and more, helping generate over a million dollars of revenue for great, local causes and charities. I moved to El Dorado Hills in 2010 to focus on a Fire Service career and became a volunteer at EDH Fire beginning in 2011. I enjoy being a resident of this great community and appreciate the opportunity to protect the citizens of El Dorado Hills.
Fire Prevention is a team effort between the El Dorado Hills Fire Department Prevention Bureau, Career Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters and you, the members of our community. Our motto is, "Your Safety, Our Commitment."
Public education is a high priority for the Prevention team. Below are just a few of the prevention programs that we offer the El Dorado Hills community:
1. Fire Safety House - a mobile classroom on wheels designed to teach our youngest citizens about fire prevention and how to react safely in the event of an emergency. Your children will see this Fire Safety House at their schools every year!
2. Fire Station Tours - we encourage you to visit the fire station nearest you and meet your Firefighters. Just give us a call to schedule you in at your nearest fire station.
3. Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Give-Away Program - we offer to visit your home and install these life saving devices free of charge.
4. Home Safety Inspections - in partnership with the Rotary Club, we conduct Home Safety Inspections annually, upon request.
5. Buckle-up Baby Program - we offer car seat inspections by appointment.
6. Life Jacket Loaner Program - provides life jackets for boating and water sport enthusiasts.
7. Every 15 Minutes Program - teaches high school students about the dangers of driving under the influence.
8. Fire Extinguisher Training – available on a quarterly basis for community practice.
BUSINESS ACCESS AND SAFETY
Through extensive plan checks and inspections, the Prevention team strives to ensure fire safety in the community and work place. We strive to be responsive to the needs of our business community. Our website provides easy access to:
1. Plan Submittal (100% Digital Plan review process in place)
2. Fee Schedule
3. El Dorado Hills Regional Fire Protection Standards
4. El Dorado Hills Fire Code Amendments/Ordinance 36
During the warm summer months, vegetation fuel reduction inspections are conducted on vacant lots and home properties to ensure compliance with the defensible 100 feet space requirements. Your adherence to these requirements enables our Firefighters to provide the best possible protection to you and your family in the event of a catastrophic wildland fire.
In closing, please know that our motto, "Your Safety, Our Commitment" continues to be the driving force in all we do as we proudly serve you, the El Dorado Hills community. Thank you for your continued support!
EL DORADO HILLS FIRE DEPARTMENT