Car Seat Inspections
Motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death for children in the US. Buckling up is the best way to save lives and reduce injuries. A third of children who died in crashes in 2011 were not buckled up.
To ensure the safety of our youngest citizens, car seats are inspected for proper installation by a Certified Passenger Safety Technician for FREE. These inspections take place at Station 87 (4680 Golden Foothill Parkway, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762) by appointment only. Please call (916) 933-6623 and press 0 to schedule an appointment.
How to prepare for your appointment
- A car seat inspection usually takes 25-30 minutes.
- Read the car seat installation booklet and attempt to install the car seat before arriving.
- Bring the car seat, installation booklet and automobile owners manual. Please arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
What to expect during your appointment
- We will ensure you are using the correct seat based on age, weight and height of your child.
- We will check to see if your seat has been recalled.
- We will provide instruction and demonstration on how to correctly install your car seat.
Parents and caregivers can keep children safe by:
- Knowing how to use car seats, booster seats, and seat belts.
- Using them on every trip, no matter how short.
- Setting a good example by always using a seat belt themselves.