Plan Check Process
NEW DIGITAL PROCESS! We are now only accepting digital plans in PDF format by email. Plans can be submitted on any day but will be input and reviewed Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Approximate time for reviewing plans is two to four weeks.
A Fire Department Specs Plan Sheet is required for all projects. This Fire Department Specs Plan Sheet will show all Fire related designs and requirements. Having this sheet will greatly speed up the plan review process. This shall be a separate plan sheet that shows or indicates the following:
1. Show overview of development or specific phase layout to scale.
2. Show roadway widths throughout the project.
3. Show turnaround measurements.
4. Show the required turning radius through each roadway turn in the project, around or through gates, and at turnarounds (this shall be represented by a set of dashed lines that indicate a 40’ inside and 56’ outside turning radius).
5. Show Fire Lanes and indicate how they will be marked or signed, or both if using a bubble type curb marking.
6. Show parking bay design specifications (if on the plans).
7. Show fire hydrants.
8. Show gates, gate width, and road width at/through the gate.
9. Show the required two-ways out for public and emergency vehicles, as required by Title 14 Regulations.
10. Show EVA design specifications (if on the plans)
11. Indicate road grades that are over 12%
Please make your check payable to the El Dorado Hills Fire Department and mail the appropriate Plan Check Submittal Fee with the completed form to 1050 Wilson Blvd, El Dorado Hills, Ca 95762, attention Dan Skubal. The final fee will be determined after the plan check is complete. Click here to view the Fee Schedule.
You will be notified by telephone or email when the plan review is complete and your approved plans will be emailed to you.
Plans will be electronically approved on El Dorado County LMIS after receipt of the final plan check payment.
After approval, you must print out the approved plans and a copy shall be available on the jobsite at all scheduled inspections.
EDC Building Permit Status