EL DORADO HILLS FIRE DEPARTMENT
MISSION: The Mission of the El Dorado Hills Fire Department Chaplain Program is to provide spiritual and emotional support for Fire Department Personnel and their families, as well as support for victims and the community.
· Provide for the Spiritual needs of department personnel and their families.
· Crisis intervention involving employees and/or their families. Provide guidance and referrals as appropriate.
· Visiting fire personnel that are sick or injured at home or in the hospital.
· Crisis intervention involving victims of emergencies.
· Assist department employees with stress management.
· Serve as part of the CISM process.
· Serve as a liaison with local clergy.
· Perform or participate in wedding ceremonies, funerals, dedications, and baptisms for fire personnel and their families.
· Participate in fire department ceremonies: badge pinning, promotion, station dedications, open house, etc...
· Provide a listening ear and keep what is heard CONFIDENTIAL.
While the Chaplain may provide counsel, the primary mission is SUPPORT, with a key component being the MINISTRY OF PRESENCE. Often simply having someone there with them is the most effective way to minister to a person in need. The EDHFD chaplain program is a non-denominational ministry.
Please feel free to contact the EDHFD Chaplains if you or a loved one has a need; our desire is to serve you.
Chaplain Ben Cowles
Chaplain Mike Shreve